So many of you have inspired me to start thinking of my next project. Normally I am not a big painter, but I'm thinking it may need to be done. Currently my kitchen is painted white, my entire house is WHITE! White shows every little thing that touches it......I live with 3 boys and am constantly scrubbing down cupboards. The kitchen is in need of a new coat of paint anyway. I have been tossing around the idea of painting the cabinets a light brown with the wall a few shades darker. I think this would look good, but I have a dilemma.......the hinges are exposed and are silver as well as all of the door handles. Should I leave the hardware silver or change them out for new. Also, my sink and faucet are silver and I don't want to change them out because of the expense. My tile and counter tops are gray, but they do have a little tan color in them. I'm thinking I could leave all the hardware and add accents of silver to the already existing red appliances. Add comments please.....I NEED SUGGESTIONS!!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I think that sounds cute, your cabinents would also be cute painted red, I did that in our first home and I really liked the red, but it would look good with the tan also, the hardware is a tough one, it is pretty expensive for handles, or knobs, I dont know it you have looked into it but nice good handles are 3-4$/piece,(its rediculous) so you might consider just keeping what you have because it looks like you would need quite a few. This probably doesnt help much, I am too indecisive! But I am excited to see the final project! Good Luck!!
So you want to paint your kitchen....well I like the idea of dark brown or dark red as the background with a light brown/tan color on the cabinets. I would just leave the hardware for now and see what it looks like, then deceide if you want to dish out all the extra money for new ones. What ever you choose Good luck...I get to paint Sierra's room this winter, lucky me!!
Your painting your kitchen?! thats so much fun!! i love painting, i'll help!
Post a Comment